DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
PROFILE OF THE DEPARTMENT
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of ENGLISH has 52 years of history. It was established in 1965 – 66. Since its inception the department of ENGLISH has proved its mettle as a component of this magnificent college. The department has served its purpose very well. Thousands of well qualified students have been trained.. They formed excellent human resources of the nation. They serve in various sectors like in teaching, research industry and service sectors etc.
- Name of the Department : Department of English
- Year of Establishment : 1965 – 66
- of Teachers Lecturers Sanctioned and present working
Sanctioned : 04
Present Working : 01 Regula
01 Ad – hoc
of Administrative Staff : Nill
of Technical Staff : Nill
EMINENT ALUMNI OF THE DEPARTMENT
|S.No.||Name of the Student||Qualification||Present position|
|1.||A.Raghavendra||B.Sc.,B.Ed.,||D.S.P Govt. of
|2.||S.Ravi Naik||M.Sc.,||RIO Kadapa Dist.|
|3.||Dr.A.Narayana Swamy||M.Sc.,Ph.D.,||Associate Professor|
|4.||G.Sreenivasa Prasad||B.Sc.,||Wing Commander, IAF|
|5.||Brinda||B.Sc.,||Working in Indian postal department|
|6.||Venkata Rao||M.Sc.,Ph.D.,||Post Doctoral Fellow, IISc Bangalore|
|7.||Krishna Murthy||M.Sc.,||Lecturer in Biochemistry, Govt. Arts and Science college, Tumkur, Karnataka|
|8.||S.Narasimha Reddy||M.Sc.,||Working in Himalaya Pharmaceuticals, Bangalore|
|9.||Riyaz Basha||M.A.,B.Ed.,||Lecturer in Education, St.Joseph’s College of Education, Ananthapur|
|10.||K.Anil Kumar||M.Sc.,(Ph.D)||Pursuing Ph.D., in S.K.U, Ananthapur.|
- NO OF TEACHER’S SANCTIONED AND PRESENT POSITION
|Nature of Post||Sanctioned||Present Position||Male||Female|
|Asso. Professors / Readers||No direct recruitment, promotion according to UGC – DPC, Government of Andhra Pradesh – University rules.||01||01|
|Assist. Professors||04||02||00||01 (Ad-hoc)|
|Photo||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||No of Years of Experience||Profile|
|Smt D. SASIKALA||Associate Professor||M.A,
|Smt SHRUTHI||Asst. Professor||MA||Proetry||01||Click here|
TIMETABLE OF THE DEPARMENT
|COURSE OUTCOMES (CO)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
SDGS COLLEGE: HINDUPUR
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
SEM – I
- The course is designed to know the students about different kinds of literature in the form of short stories drama and poems. Grammar is designed to improve their skills in communications especially to learn advance English grammar.
- Through this English portal students can read and comprehend literary pieces. And it improves vocabulary and grammatical ability.
SEM – II
- As English is a global language, it has been growing constantly so each and every student should attain proficiency to get opportunities in this competitive world.
SEM – III
- In this course students achieve their required level of knowledge and lay foundations for future development. During this course it helps to achieve certain aims by including a variety of genres – literary and non –literary. Through these lessons students learn
- Moral values and environmental studies which is required for present generation/scenario.
SEM – IV
- In order to be a global students and aspirant one has to be a self learner with right perspective. Today’s job environment needs people who become part and parcel of system to take the responsibility not like workers but like owners. To achieve this, they have to know the very nature and system of job culture and exact road way to operate it.Thus soft skills and drafting skills have become gate way to success.